RELATIONSHIP THERAPY/COUPLE COUNSELLING
Relationship Therapy sessions are the duration of 60 or 90 minutes. If you feel that a longer session would be useful, you are welcome to speak to me about this. Among other trains of thought I use the principles from Solution Focused Therapy and Imago Relationship Therapy.
Pre-marital Counselling sessions are offered to further boost your relationship and better prepare you for marriage.
I offer therapy to adults and adolescents in the following areas:
- Anxiety Management
- Trauma Debriefing
- Adjustment Difficulties – life changes such as marriage, relocation and motherhood
- HIV/AIDS Related Counselling
- Personal Growth and Development – exploring childhood experiences that may negatively affect your current behaviour
- Career Counselling
- Eating disorders
Individual Counselling sessions are usually the duration of an hour.
The traditional method of counselling is face to face. For various reasons i.e. the busy pace of life and logistics, this may sometimes not be accessible. Some people may also prefer more indirect ways of counselling rather than face to face. I offer a few options: telephonic counselling, email correspondence and Counselling via Skype. For more information contact me.
I offer 90 minute divorce mediation sessions to assist in making the divorce process a more manageable experience regarding the various decisions and plans that need to be made.
I offer workshops/talks on the following topics.
- Self Care/Relaxation Techniques/ Stress Management – emphasis is on praticing abdominal breathing, Progressive Muscle Relaxation and guided visualisation
- Assertiveness Skills Training
- Study Skills Workshops – exam management, time management
- Career Guidance Workshops
ELECTRONIC COUPLE WORKSHOP
In my experience attending face to face therapy can sometimes pose a challenge. This is particularly the case for couples due to them trying to synchronize their diaries. To deal with this I have developed an electronic couple workshop which you can do in the comfort of your home. This workshop comprises of useful exercises to boost your relationship. The workshop does not substitute face to face counselling. It may be used as an add-on to counselling or for relationships which are not in distress but where you are looking for tools to get your relationship to an even better space. For more information contact me.